Happy ALMOST Christmas! We are so excited about spending Greer’s first Christmas with her and watching all the magic of this season through Nora’s 2-year-old-eyes! We are looking forward to family visits, Christmas services and finding ways to give back.
I’ve been spending the past few mornings in the kitchen with Nora baking while Greer takes her morning nap and it is surprisingly keeping her out of the rest of the house (ie making a huge mess while not being watched like a hawk), plus the fact that I’ve been enjoying having something to do with my oldest girl. She loves to taste test the cookie dough and say “MMMMMM!!!” every time she tries a cookie (and her finger has PROBABLY been in every single one at some point).
Two weeks ago I had to go dairy free for Greer. I was really anxious about all the baked goods I would have to give up this Christmas Season, but I’ve found some wonderful alternatives so I wanted to share that here with you. Today I’m sharing some delicious dairy free chocolate chip cookies that I am LOVING.
+ 1.5 Cups All Purpose Flour
+ 1/2 tsp baking powder
+ 1/2 tsp baking soda
+ 1/4 tsp salt
+ 1/2 cup coconut oil
+ 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
+ 1/4 cup granulated sugar
+ 1 egg
+ 1 tsp vanilla extract
+ 1 cup semi sweet ENJOY LIFE brand Chocolate Chips
1. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a medium bowl using a mixer, cream coconut oil, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet. Stirring until well blended. Add in chocolate chips.
4. Preheat oven to 350. (Refrigerate dough for 15 minutes or so if it is too soft.)
5. Scoop on cookie sheet lining 1 inch apart.
6. Bake 7-9 minutes until edges are slightly brown.